Thursday 9 June 2016

Working in the cold

 Yesterday's lunch, above.
Above: a wooden bat painted gold with flowers.  (SOLD.)
I enjoyed painting a humble bat with fancy metallic paint and will make another soon.
New bedroom decor, above and below.  Joan of Arc guards my side of the bed, with her copy of Far From the Madding Crowd by Thomas Hardy.  Upon The Beloved's request, his hero Charles Darwin guards the other side, while reading The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers.  (I will be keeping the guards employed here for now but the painted wooden books will be in my Etsy shop by the end of June.)





Above: a happy detail from a relatively large and intricate artwork that I have been working on.
 Above: a small portrait that I painted recently for Open Room in Malvern.
Above: Gardening Australia magazine editorial illustration.  The potting shed has become a plant crypt.

No comments: