Tuesday 12 March 2013

Mr Freedom




Sometimes I make work with the hope that there is a mildly interesting message in there somewhere.  Other times I just want to create funny people and paint nice clothes: the sorts of clothes that I love but can't wear right now because it's too hot.  
Mr Freedom was inspired by a vintage jeans advertisement.  He was going to go for double denim but he chickened out at the last minute and as a result will be donning checked flannel and a fair isle scarf until the end of time.  Even when he has to pose for his photo in 35 degree (high 90s F) heat.  No wonder he looks grumpy.  But then I am grumpy too, and I am only wearing a thin cotton dress.  
Here's to civilised weather, wherever you live.  It's coming!!!

5 comments:

Saskia said...

Yes, I'll second that. Completely over this bizarre weather. I'm tired of being shiny-faced. Mr Freedom rocks in his high pants. He is beautiful.

Sandra Eterovic said...

I am tired of being shiny (and red) faced, with hair that gets oily double quickly, and running out of things to wear before I get the chance to do a load of washing.
I am so glad that you like Mr Freedom -- he does love his high pants. I have never asked, but his first name might be Harry.

sister outlaws said...

I love his knowing, slightly cynically nonchalant expression. He seems to be saying so much. Looking forward to seeing the Adventures of Mr Freedom.He looks like he's going places.
Hey am I the only person in Melbourne who likes this weather??? Feels like the cool change is here now.

Anonymous said...

I'm so behind in your blogging! Love this little man and his high pants. Classic. And your plant pic so reminds me of your place.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Hi Julianne -- yes you and Johnny von Goes, who announced on RRR that he felt as though sweating purged him of his sins. I wish it was that easy!
I am glad that you can see a little personality in Mr Freedom. :)

Hello Jo! Thank you! Yes, I am fond of that little plant, and I marvel at how much it changes every day. It's a little beast, that one.