Thursday 5 April 2012

Inspired patchwork cushions

I have been making some patchwork cushions for my other Etsy shop.  They are all one-of-a-kind, made largely from vintage fabrics, with some Liberty of London, French provincial and kimono fabrics added for good measure.  I am a big fan of patchwork, and I love arranging odd combinations and seeing how they work as a whole.  The first one, above, is folk inspired and very 'me', whatever that is.
The second one, above, is Jenni Harley inspired!  I love Jenni's soft and multi textured vintage colour palettes.
The third one above was an attempt to channel a bit of Pilgrim Lee, but my collection of fabrics might not have been quite bold and bright enough!  But I think that the result is still interesting.
More is more, hooray!!!

5 comments:

jenni said...

my crush is growing with every creation, I heart them all! Chuffed by you know what :))) x

Sandra Eterovic said...

How very pleasing Jenni! I am doubly inspired now that I have some pretty Jenni bunting in my kitchen!

Suzanna Scott said...

These are so much fun Sandra!

Saskia said...

Gorgeous creations in your etsy shop Sandra. Love these cushions (I especially appreciate Grover making an appearance). My cards arrived yesterday. Absolutely love them. The flower-carrying man looks fab! Many thanks.

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments Suzanne and Saskia -- lovely to hear from you both. Hope you had a fine Easter!