Monday 10 January 2011

Burger Ballerina


The idea of doing a little dancing burger lady has been on my mind for a while now, so it was really interesting to see an blogpost on etsy showing a hamburger motif recently.
I actually did alot of sketches and it took a while to decide whether she should be a fairly anatomically correct woman, or something more odd, based on a vintage doll perhaps.
The vintage doll won out because the idea of painting her seemed more interesting. I ended up using watercolour rather than the more usual acrylic, as I thought it might be nice to make a hamburger seem more delicate and befitting of a ballerina.
A little print and card of her are in the shop.

3 comments:

rigel said...

Brilliant! It's this playfulness in your work that I enjoy so much. The leg warmers are a nice touch.

jen storer said...

She is delightful! THe poor little love i know just how she feels. jx

Sandra Eterovic said...

Thanks so much Rigel -- I think it's that which I love in your work too -- plus your beautiful and decorative aesthetic. And then those photos....

Jen you are HILARIOUS! If I was the sort of person who wrote "LOL" I would -- because I certainly did when I read your comment!

Thanks to you both. :)