Wednesday 11 August 2010

The Clock Hand


I have been wanting to make this for ages, but haven't found the time until now. I needed a little clock that I could easily look up at while sitting on the couch, and I came up with the idea after spotting a clever rectangular canvas of a grandfather clock which actually told the time too. I was going to have a bit of the elbow joint showing at the top -- in a cartoon Flintstones way rather than a gruesome bleeding way -- but I decided to give my man a sore finger instead. (Oh, there is a little 'stripe' of blood at the top -- but it looks more like a halved chocolate bar with a strawberry filling! Or maybe I'm just getting hungry.)
Here he is in progress, with a little girl friend who is now almost finished too. I will need to order more clock mechanisms -- and test them to make sure that they work. After that I will put at least one Clock Hand in the shop. And then make a couple more...

4 comments:

A latte beckons said...

Oh I LOVE it! Only you would make a clock out of a severed limb and have it turn out adorable instead of gruesome.

(That's a compliment by the way)

rigel said...

Your clock is bloody brilliant. The anchor tattoo is a perfect touch. I think these will be a big hit!

Olivia said...

Sandra this is such a great idea, I love it!

Sandra Eterovic said...

Kate, Rigel and Olivia -- thank you SO much for your comments, it means alot to me to know that my new idea is liked! Now onto finishing the next one...